Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Universal

    May 14, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Today we left Disney and went to visit Universal for the day.

    The weather predicted torrential rain and thunderstorms all day. It was certainly raining when we arrived but it meant the park was quiet. It also cleared up in the afternoon. Went on the Hulk ride straight away which is the most intense ride we have done in Florida and was lots of fun. We then didn't help the wet situation by going on a few water rides which I'm sure are great when it's hot and sunny, less so on days when your trying to avoid getting wet.

    We visited Hogwarts, took the Hogwarts express, did MIB, Jurassic Park, Alex ran off with Woody the woodpecker again, the Simpsons, the Mummy, Jimmy Fallon (random), we basically did pretty much the whole two parks in a day which is a success. Ended with a couple more turns on the Hulk before heading back to the hotel.

    It was a fun day but they really like these 3D rides too much here. I like a good rollercoaster, not a simulated rollercoaster. Went on the new Fast and Furious ride, which I expected to be quite fast and maybe even furious in parts. So disappointing when we were on a bus (not a car) and it was all fake motion.
    Read more