Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Saxamonde to Pontevedra

    July 3, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    What a glorious day!

    After a wonderful evening and restful sleep we left with goals in our mind and dreams of being closer in our heart. We got away about 7:40 and were rocking a pretty good pace when we stopped for lunch at 11:00 am.

    On the way we saw many of our Camino friends and met many more. It’s great how they will pass us and we will greet each other and later on, we will pass them and greet each other.

    Today was one of the most beautiful days on the Camino as we went through many picture perfect locations and ate at a couple of scenic places. We will do so again tonight in the beautiful town center of Pontevedra, Spain.

    A very special part of the Camino Portugues is a picturesque babbling brook you can choose to walk along as opposed to the traditional route. It’s called the C. Complementario. It’s 1.3 km further, but why not. So we did. Absolutely well worth the extra kilometer. It was cool under the trees and walking next to the river for about an hour as we wound our way to Pontevedra. We even passed a special tree all roped off. See the pics. I don’t know why it was special, but we had to stop and look.

    We finally wound our way through Pontevedra into the old town past the beautiful Cathedral and other sights. We even got a pilgrim stamp in the Cathedral.

    After going into the Cathedral and saying a small prayer of thanks for such a wonderful day and that my feet held up, and praying they hold up until the Camino is complete, we continued on to our hostel for the night overlooking the old town.

    We look forward to tomorrow with great trust in God that we will complete that goal and each one thereafter until we reach Santiago. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated and our prayers are being answered.

    Until tomorrow,

    BUEN CAMINO!

    15.8 miles/ 41,000 steps
    Read more