Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10 - Iria Flavia to O Milladorio

    July 6, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    Big to do tomorrow!

    The anticipation is killing me.

    Today was a good walk to essentially the door step of Santiago de Compostela. We had a great night sleep mainly because the hostelier returned to check on the Pilgrims and turned the AC on. He noticed I had opened all the doors and windows to get some air and had mercy on us. We got up at 5am to leave at 6am. We packed our backpacks and had a cafe con leche at the albergue. We bandaged our toes and feet and started walking to O Milladorio.

    We decided to not go all the way because we would not have arrived at Santiago until possibly late in the afternoon, tired and hungry. That’s not how we want to arrive. So, we stopped here only a short 7-8 km tomorrow morning in order to arrive between 8 and 9 am. That’s before most Pilgrims. We easily saw 100 or more pilgrims on the Camino, the vast majority of who were going all the way today. Mostly from Padron. It took every ounce of patience I have to not join them.

    Overall, it was a pleasant walk. The last part was pretty much uphill all the way. We got a few pics, but mostly talked about tomorrow and what we would do and see, what Pilgrim friends we would run into etc., etc. The excitement kept us going in spite of the hills trying to drain our energy.

    So, we are here now in O Milladorio. We are staying in another very nice albergue. Less than $20. We had some beers and good food (pizza!) and great conversation.

    I even had the opportunity to sign in on zoom for my Wednesday morning Bible study. I received some final prayers before my afternoon nap.

    Tomorrow will we arrive in Santiago. In my mind the trumpets will be blaring and there will be great rejoicing by all the people. Since Jesus arrived on a donkey, I think that’s a little too much to ask. But the joy will know no bounds.

    For now good night and God Bless!

    BUEN CAMINO!!

    10.4 miles/ 32,000 steps
    Read more