Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Cape Tribulation day trip

    June 25, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today, I went to visit Cape Tribulation. It's part of the Daintree rainforest.
    It was an amazing day full of wonderfull experiences.
    We drove out of Cairns early in the morning. The drive took us along the coastline, through Port Douglas, over the Daintree river, to Cape Tribulation.
    After morning tea, we went for a walk through the rainforest. It's amazing to see the rainforest up close.
    We continued our journey and drove to the beach, where we had lunch.
    The afternoon started with a short stop at an ice cream farm, where we had some tropical fruit ice cream, Then we traveled on to the Daintree river, where we enjoyed a crocodile cruise. We saw some big and small crocodiles and learned some more about the mangroves.
    We were picked up again at the end of the cruise and drove to Mossman Gorge. A lovely part of the rainforest where some of the mountain rivers come together. A great place to take a swim appartently, but I only stuck my feet in the water :-)
    That was our last trip on the tour, so we headed back to Cairns, enjoying some lovely views along the road. The last suprise before heading into Cairns, was a field full of Wallaby's.
    Read more