Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 31

    Fraser Island - Day 1

    20 de julho de 2016, Austrália ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We have to get out of bed early today, so we can get to Fraser Island. We have to watch a video on safety and then puzzle ourselves into the 4x4's (8 people in each car). We drive to the ferry which brings us to the island quickly. Once arrived the real adventure start. Straight away we get onto the sand roads and after a wobbly short trip, we arrive at our first location, Lake Birrabeen. After a refreshing swim, we head to the central station for lunch. We enjoy our picnic and enjoy a short walk through the rain forest.
    After our walk, it is time to head towards the beach so we can get to our next location. The beach serves as the islands highway and allows us to move faster from one place to another (you can drive up to 80 km/h on the beach, while only 30 km/h on the inland roads). After enjoying the views and spotting some whales, we end up at the bottom of a beautiful sandblow filled with coloured sands. It is absolutely fascinating to see all the different colours of sand mixed together. Black, grey, white, beige, yellow, orange, red, ... Just a swipe of your foot reveals new colours every time.
    By this time, it's time to head to our campsite. A couple of tents, a barbecue, a gas cooker and some tables, all surrounded by an electric fence to keep the dingo's (wild dogs) out.
    After cooking and eating dinner, we head to the beach to enjoy the full moon.
    Nice ending to a great first day on the island.
    Leia mais