Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Roma - Trevi Fountain and Pantheon

    September 21, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    A very big walking day today, so our feet were feeling the effect of all the uneven stone and the distances covered by the time we got home. But, still not a complaint from the children!

    Our original AirBnB was cancelled last week and we have ended up in a newly renovated apartment near the Termini - so new that we think we are the first guests to ever use it. We are connecting the water to the washing machine and the dishwasher in order to use them, opening the manuals to work out how to use the brand new appliances etc. It is a great location so lots of walking has been occurring as a result.

    We started our day with a visit the Trevi Fountain. Apparently, every other visitor to Rome had exactly the same idea. Nanny bought the kids their first Italian gelati – delicious!

    Craig had banned all sightseeing of the interior of the "fake Pantheon" in Paris, but this one was open slather, being the real one and all that, and free, unlike the fake Pantheon which was charging for entry. On the way, we stumbled across the façade (remaining columns) of Hadrian’s Temple on the way, which is now tastefully attached to the side of a bank. A good chunk of the crowd who were at the Trevi Fountain had also moved on to the Pantheon (Roma is VERY busy but in a fun way). The Pantheon was just incredible and so well preserved. As it was a bright sunny day, the sun was shining through an almost perfect circle on the interior of the dome.
    Read more