Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Kiel

    October 25, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    It was then on to Kiel to meet up with Mia after she finished Uni. Mia did try to give us the fishbun experience of Kiel, however the weather was not being kind to us and the food trucks along the waterfront were not open. It was great moody weather for a sea-side location though and we did get to watch a big liner which does an overnighter to Oslo depart from the harbour.

    After lunch we went back to Mia's house to meet her mother, father and sister who had driven in from Hamburg for the day, (and Digby the dog) - lovely! We were able to present Mia with the travel guitar, which had been our plan before leaving Australia. We didn't give Mia a going way gift because we decided we would buy her a guitar in London, travel with it, collect stickers from each country we visited, and then give this to her as her memory of her time with the Ingram Family in Australia.

    We had the best restaurant meal of Germany at one of their local restaurants on the promenade, before saying goodbye to Mia for what will be a long time too! It has been fabulous to meet up with all three of our au pairs in Germany over the last 2 weeks!
    Read more