Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Supetar

    December 15, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    A fairly relaxed day today although it did carry on after the very late night excitement at the release of ATAR rankings. Our very unassuming son walked into the bathroom where Craig and I were cleaning our teeth, put toothpaste on his brush and said "99.8". Kate jumped out of bed and came into the tiny little bathroom too, so we did our best to congratulate him through mouthfuls of toothbrush and toothpaste.

    So proud of his absolute and unwavering dedication.

    Craig, Kate and I drove to Supetar to stock up on groceries and look for fishing gear. There were three gigantic supermarkets within metres of each other with the most amazing views. Hard to see how such prime real estate was bought for a grocery shop! We stopped for a coffee on the waterfront in a small bay.

    Although we had brilliant blue skies, it was VERY windy today and got worse as the day progressed. Glen and I cracked on with the world's hardest jigsaw puzzle. Craig and Kate walked to some nearby Roman ruins.

    EDIT: It is 10.30pm and we quite literally just had to batten down the hatches. Gail force winds. Just went outside to rescue a sun lounge from the rocks about to disappear into the sea, chairs on the patio being blown around etc, so decided to close the shutters. The sound of the wind is really loud!
    Read more