Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42–43

    Travelling home

    January 5 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Early start with a very smooth return of the rental cars. Even the luggage check in was almost instantaneous so our last croissant and coffee in Austria before the flight to Doha. Qatar Airways is excellent!

    We were all eager to cuddle our very excited Callie girl again, and Rubes even made a show of being mildly interested in our return.

    The wrap up...

    Austria never fails to deliver. Great to see 50% of our au pairs again. Croatia was a great country to visit, but I am not sure we would have liked it as much during the peak tourist season even though the incredible azure and clear water would have so inviting. Dubrovnik was a highlight and deserves its reputation. The cats were surprisingly fun to spot and pat. No dodgy accommodation although each had its quirks. No real food highlights as such, but still some excellent meals along the way. Great to see a little bit of snow. The roads were excellent to drive on. Did not need much in the way of cash.

    I sleep with five pillows and even took my body pillow with me. This trip we did not encounter one stupid European pillow, but we still didn't find a single good pillow. Not a fan of the split doona system (still). And, how amazing is it that in October 2005 Craig and I managed to buy the best mattress in the whole wild world?

    Now on to planning the next thing to look forward to!
    Read more