Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day Seven. Pie & Chai

    September 23, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    After what seemed like a quicker start to the morning, Amy, Will, and Bella headed out to the zoo, shortly afterward, we made our way to Exeter. It was only a short journey, and we found somewhere to park with relative ease. Apparently Jean and John didn’t have the same experience.

    Although they parked in the same place as us, their walk into town took them an entirely different route - through bushes, up rickety old stairs, and 10 minutes longer. Still, they eventually found us and we headed into the city.

    Exeter was busy. And it took me a moment or two to realise that university students were coming back or starting this week. It was mobbed with people that made me feel very old.

    Exeter cathedral was beautiful and big and situated amongst a spattering of beautiful old buildings. The others were new and out of place. Exeter never quite seems to capture the essence of the Lanes in Brighton. There are occasional cute alleys as opposed to a spiderweb network of alleys. Still, it is an interesting city.

    We stopped off for lunch at a place called Pie and Mash. Not my usual tastes, but I was up for it. And I was glad we did. It was the best pie I ever had. Everyone else had variations of beef, but I had chicken, leek and ham.

    After lunch we walked through the castle park. The park was also busy, and a bit run down. Most disappointingly, we couldn’t see the castle just the old wall that surrounded it.

    On our way back to the car we stopped by a cafe where they had little beach huts in the middle of some old ruined building where I had the best chai tea ever.

    We then made our way back to the car park, where Jean and John couldn’t find their car. Still, they told us to meet them back at the caravan - so we headed off, until they called us to tell us that we had their car keys. So we had to turn around and save them.

    Back at the caravan I had a nap before pizza arrived and we played a couple of hands of cards
    Read more