Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day Nine. Here Comes the Rain

    September 25, 2021 in England ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    It didn’t feel like today was our last day. After living the nomadic life for the past week and a bit, it feels strange to think that we are heading home. It feels weird knowing I have to return to an office job on Monday.

    We were kept up most of the night by Lily and so were ready to go by the time everyone else was awake. I packed up the car and we headed out into Poole. It was raining. Properly. For the first time on our holiday. And for the first time I was ready to not be on the move and travelling.

    We had breakfast at the Quay Cafe. I had eggs Benedict which was quite nice and a chai latte. We then walked up the high street, which was mostly unimpressive. We all commented on how it could be any English town really. Compared to the beautiful Quayside walk of last night, our time in Poole today seemed very mundane.

    The drive home was easy and quick. We stopped briefly in Fleet services for a break, but we were back on our way in no time. Every sign we passed explained that the service stations had no fuel. It only got worse as we got closer to home.

    At home it was time to unpack. I think that this might be a job for another day though.
    Read more