Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 - Finally Together Again!

    September 11, 2021 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 32 °C

    What a long day! Up at 6:20am to get to our 10am flight out of Toronto. Thankfully a direct flight and although luggage drop had a line, security to the US had no lines and went smoothly. With an apple machiatto in hand we marched to the very back of the plane!

    Five hours later we were in Las Vegas! The last 45 min of the flight we were over a lot of the area we are going to be covering over the next few weeks. Very thankful to see it from above. God is good.

    Nomes and I got the car, a white 2021 Rav 4 (for the automotively inclined). My vote is to name it Olaf, in hopes it doesn't melt in the summer heat! Any other suggestions?

    We performed the thoroughly invigorating and adventurous task of grocery shopping and ran some errands, including picking up a second hand vehicle fridge! Olive Garden for dinner (Yum!). The sun sets around 6:30pm, but it was still 36 deg C even in the evening. Even the wind is hot!

    Picking up Cilla we enjoyed a sweet sister reunion. The trio ride again! After a drive up and down the 'strip', (more than enough flashing light stimuli) we are more than ready to finally check our eye lids for holes (oh yeah its 3am in Toronto)

    More photos to come!
    Read more