Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Transfer day

    June 10, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Nothing much to report today. We boarded the coach at 8am and arrived at our hotel in Prague about 4 pm.
    The point of interest was really driving past the old checkpoint at the Czech Republic border. Actually, I tell a lie, there is an Irish pub a few doors up from the hotel - will check that out for sure!
    Most of the journey was on a freeway, but we turned off it to go to lunch. We went to a little village and had lunch at its winery. Once through the door we went downstairs into a wine cellar for the lunch.
    We had to meet our new tour director, Mate, at 5 for a 45 minute orientation walk. The hotel is on Stepanska Street and that goes into Wenceslas Square. By walking through the square he showed us the direction of several points of interest. As we had to feed ourselves tonight, he made a few suggestions re eating.
    We walked down to the river and on the way back saw a nice little restaurant. The guide had talked about the traditional dishes and that they are always served with dumplings. I had Czech goulash and Janette had duck - sure enough - both served with dumplings. They were delicious but it was too much for us to eat. Two lemonades each and the meals - €23 - about $32 - great value.
    Tomorrow - bus and walking tour of Prague.
    J&J
    Read more