Satellite
Show on map
  • Day One

    March 28, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We are “self isolated” at home due to the “unprecedented” conditions we are experiencing due to the coronavirus. Whilst this does offer up more time home to catch up on the job list, the reality is that we are still farming so our life has not changed as much as it has for many others. The extra hours mean the housework is up to date but no-one can visit and it feels a little wasted on just us. Picked some roses and foliage from the garden but these can only be admired by others via pictures. When we enter the main room they do lift the spirits.

    Today I started painting the north windows - really fiddly job. Thankfully John helped with the sanding and erected the scaffolding we borrowed from the Zhoutouts. Wonder how long this will take?? Painting an old tin chest found in Lex’s workshop also.

    Food is of more interest (if that is possible) and we had smashed avo with poached eggs for lunch then went over to the cottage to watch a video Kathy Z lent us called “What we did on our holidays” - with Billy Connolly and some other good actors. I really enjoyed it as time out from all the Corona stuff on radio and tv. John .. well .. sat through it. Back home and a cup of coffee with neighbours Darren and Catherine - on the verandah with chairs spaced out at a legal distance! We looked out and admired the new gateway entrance to Tiger Hill Park that John has just finished.

    We had road surface laid on Tiger Hill Park driveway yesterday so John spent the rest of the day grading and putting drainage channels in. We had ‘tacos’ for tea (first time in about 30 years) and whilst we were eating Wayne came in to start trenching for the power which will go from the cottage to the shed. Still moving ahead here - how fortunate we feel.
    Read more