Satellite
Show on map
  • Breaking News “Unprecedented at Cottage”

    April 18, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Today’s entry is more about a plan than a “doing”. Decided to get a septic at the cottage. Can hear the ladies cheering and the hunters groaning. The plumber is coming through the week and we hope it can go where the composting toilet is which would save too much extra building. The relatively new long drop building will make a great little tool shed and we hope to then improve the butcher shop as it won’t need to double as a workshop.

    Collected mushrooms this morning and did a food drop to Kathy & Peter, and also to Bev. All seem to be managing and getting a bit done. We returned with home made muffins and biscuits. Kathy’s lovely lemon muffins were so good John downed three within a few minutes.

    Had to go in to town to sort a few things out as we may have tenants soon. Benalla is short on accommodation and we received a request from the Headmistress of FCJ College via our friendly real estate agent. The school is getting a multi-purpose hall erected and the builders from Melbourne (the locals are so busy we need tradies from elsewhere) have had to stay in a motel and apart from this being expensive, they would like to be able to cook a few meals and do a bit of washing. May or may not work out and we don’t mind but a few extra dollars might help pay for the “new loo”.
    Read more