Satellite
Show on map
  • Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th May

    May 26, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    When it's time to head back to Melbourne, JC is always up, showered and packed early. Same today. He has the added incentive of a new great granddaughter to meet.

    He had no sooner left than our friends John and Marian arrived. John had told us he would service the ride on mower and had told us to buy new blades and oil for him. Marian loves gardening and she really got into snipping and weeding. John K was a mostly a spectator to the the doings - wishing he could do more. We started the day with a chat over a “cream tea” thanks to Marian bringing some of her delicious scones. Marian brought her whippersnipper and mower - both battery powered. We have decided we'll get the same - particularly for the house in town which has a pretty small garden.
    The ride-on mower sounds brand new and the garden looks a lot more loved.

    Wednesday - no visitors today. Heavy duty housework followed by delivering the June ‘Tattlers’ - can’t believe it is that time again. Whilst doing the deliveries I passed some Scottish Highland cattle. They usually have some emus for company but today they must have been practising social distancing as they were away at the tree line and too far away to photograph. Dropped of a couple of containers to Kathy and Peter and their daughter’s alpacas were visiting.

    We believe we are about to slow up on the more interesting ‘doings’ so will probably wind up the Holiday Unprecedented and maybe look to do another entry down the track. Perhaps by the end of May things will be less unprecedented anyway.
    Read more