Satellit
Vis på kort
  • 4th June - Grand finale - bye for now.

    4. juni 2020, Australien ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Woke today and realised the cows were having a look at the septic site - they love to check out anything different. We enticed them away with some hay and closed some gates on them.

    Mick was due at 10am with the excavator. He was slightly delayed as he had to go to Benalla to get some hydraulic oil. Meanwhile, the plumbers cut two outlets in the gutter on the rear of the stone house. This gutter overflows with heavy rain. Now, these two new outlets will let excess rain to flow onto the back verandah roof.

    Mick manoeuvred into position over at the cottage, the plumbers attached the chains to the septic tanks and it was raised off the ground. With a bit of pruning of the orange tree, Mick lowered the tank into the hole.

    Two hoses were put into the tank to fill it with water. If there is rain, an empty tank can pop up out of the ground.

    The plumbers hooked up the inlet and outlet pipes, Mick backfilled and smoothed out the excess dirt a bit. It has been a long time coming and we are really pleased to have it, but what a lot of effort for a little flushing toilet!

    There are many more projects that we haven't managed to get to yet, but we've got to leave something for the next blog. On the drawing board - yards at Lex's on the prepared site - another yard at our existing yards - front fence for the house - and fencing, there's always fencing.
    Læs mere