Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 34

    A day in London town - the V & A.

    30 czerwca 2015, Anglia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The V&A was crowded. All the exhibitions were amazing. We had a juice in the courtyard watching the children play in the pool, fully clothed as it was such a hot day.
    We then walked to King's Road for more shopping and lunch. This is where all the designer shops and the beautiful people are.
    We sat in the "Chelsea Potter" pub on King's Road watching the world go by and loving it. It was about 33 degrees which, for England, is very hot. The girls and guys still dress in the latest and the atmosphere is great. Promenading is alive and well in Chelsea.
    Everyone was carrying lots of shopping bags and speaking in that beautiful tone - except our waitress who, after telling us "no worries", we discovered is from Bendigo. There are plenty of backpackers and "muttons dressed as lamb".
    It was so hot there were no passengers on the open air top part of the hop-on-off buses. The buses compete with the lorries, cars, motor bikes and push bikes and it gets quite noisy.
    We walked to the tube station at Sloane Square and were home very quickly - perhaps 30 minutes. Chris and Hazel are so well located.
    We took Cris and Hazel to a lovely Italian Restaurant for dinner - we walked there and back. Chatted on the back terrace and finished our holiday with a lovely balmy evening in London.
    Czytaj więcej