Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 8

    Just work today.

    16. december 2021, Australien ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Some cows and calves came down from 'the top' yesterday. We put them across the road to the cottage side. Unfortunately, one cow and two calves had their 'other halves' still up the top. We decided we would have to wait for them to come down.
    They were down this morning so we put them across the road and they all paired up.
    Half the herd have stayed up top. We probably need them to come down before we leave on Monday so we can have them all together.
    The bull has been out with the cows since the beginning of November and was due to be out for a bit longer yet. However, he seems to have 'lost interest' lately. Perhaps his work is done. He decided to have a 'chat' with two of next door's bulls over the fence. If they were to start a bit of push and shove, the fence could easily be damaged. We managed to get him into the yards - his work is definitely finished.
    Went next door to help Kevin attach his grader to his tractor.
    Suddenly it was nearly 10.00am - morning tea time.
    Janette wanted to mow but the mower wouldn't start - checked for flat battery, low oil, cutting blades turned on, safety switch under seat - tried to start with jumper leads - nothing!
    Turned out to be a blown fuse - phew!
    Janette shopped after lunch. I worked at the cottage.
    More catch ups tomorrow - lunch and dinner.
    Læs mere