Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 131

    Off we go at last.

    April 10, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Left at 8.10am after a no pressure prep. - we didn't have too far to go, so no hurry.

    We elected not to go directly to Young, our camp for tonight, and instead we zig-zagged across the countryside.

    First stop, Holbrook for breakfast (as usual) at the submarine cafe. Everytime I see the submarine, I can't help but think, “they must have got a heck of a surprise when they realised where they had surfaced”.

    From there we took Wagga Rd to Wagga Wagga. Along the way we saw something a bit unusual these days - a drover with a mob of cattle.

    We drove up and down the main street - we hadn't realised how big the town is and what a great shopping centre it has.

    Next stop Temora and tea and cake at Lynda's bakery, then on to Young by just after 2.00. After checking in to the Colonial motel, we checked out the town with a view to finding somewhere to eat tonight. Looks like one of the pubs as not a great choice and not a lot open as it's a public holiday.

    Noticed a sign for a winery, so off we drove to Grove Estate wines. Would you believe we picked up a couple or four bottles to take to Sydney. We continued on that road and 'did a loop' via Boorowa and Harden. The countryside looks really good everywhere and the views are amazing.

    Ate at the Commercial - barramundi, chips and salad each.
    Read more