Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Off to Queenstown

    November 15, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Left Molyullah about 1.30 yesterday, drove down to Melbourne and parked the car at Andrews Parking. Their shuttle bus driver dropped us opposite the Parkroyal Hotel where we stayed last night.

    After checking in, we walked over to the airport to see where the Virgin check-in is located in order to save time looking tomorrow.

    Up early today and across to the check-in by 6.30. Had coffee and croissant and boarded at 8.00. Left 20 minutes late but arrived on time. I reckon there were only four of us on the plane wearing masks.

    By the time we cleared customs it was about 2.00 (NZ time). Taxi to Glebe appartments, checked in, unpacked a little.

    Started to feel a tad peckish so decided to walk into town. It's very hilly and the walk into town is downhill from here. We were very aware that the walk back would be tough…

    Had nachos at 3.30 (1.30 AU) and a bit of a wander around. We found a supermarket and stocked up with some of life's essentials - bread, butter, Vegemite, muesli bars…

    The scenery here is stunning. - the lake and the mountains. The town is busy and vibrant. There is a really big marathon this Saturday which probably accounts for accommodation being scarce when we first tried to book.

    We have been advised that we may not be able to book in anywhere for dinner on Friday. I've always wanted delivered pizza in Queenstown.

    Haven't done much after we got back except to confirm our next flights and try to work out what to do tomorrow. Looks like the Kiwi bird park, chair lift up the mountain, a lake cruise and maybe take a bus to Arrowtown.
    Read more