Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Changi Airport, Singapore

    December 7, 2016 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Weird start to the trip. Lucky I'm good at being on time when it matters. Here's my mess of a Singapore story.
    Changi is about 4,000km long so I've trained to walk the Buller half marathon this morn.

    -Arrive Terminal 3 Tuesday 7pm, go through arrival customs to pickup my checked bag.

    -Train to Terminal 1 hotel, then apparently go through departure customs to get to hotel.

    -Back to Terminal 3 Wednesday morn 8am to drop off bag and check in.

    -Information desk say go downstairs through arrival customs then come back up through departure customs to drop my checked bag off.

    -Arrival customs say "no no you go through cleared once last night, you not allowed clear twice".

    -Back to information desk, they say go to transfer desk.

    -Transfer desk are way too confident I can give my huge bag to people at the gate. I look at them funny since the gate clearly doesn't go to where bags live. Still 3hrs so no drama.

    -People at gate say hell no mate, go to the transfer desk. I said that's where I came from.

    -Back to transfer desk for a bit of a barney with them telling me it's too early to go to the gate and just go and wait. I tell them I just want my bag on the same plane as me, and gate people said they don't do that.

    -Escorted to check in by transfer desk, skip lines and security and important people, get bag checked in. Only took 3hrs and whole days food burnt off.

    -Flight delayed by 2hrs.

    Tip of the day - try HK next time.
    Read more