Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Amsterdam Arrival

    July 31, 2017 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Goedemorgen amsterdam! We have arrived in the city of canals. We were here 5 years ago and in many ways it seems like nothing has changed. It’s hard not to fall in love with the scenery and architecture of the city. It’s even harder to resist the chips and mayonnaise. First stop was Vlaams Friteshuis.

    But to work off the belly full of chips and mayonnaise, we spent the day wandering the streets of Amsterdam. And in true Jason and Ricky fashion, we got lost several times throughout the day. Bloody Google maps! But hey that’s the charm of Amsterdam. No matter where you are in the city, there’s always something of interest.

    Amsterdam, and the Netherlands in general, is so accepting of diversity. For pride week, the LGBTIQ+ flag adorns many establishments. Even some of the trams are painted rainbow colours.

    We are staying in the heart of the red light district, in the centre of the city. Everything is within walking distance. And while we are in the centre of the hustle and bustle, our accommodation is like an oasis away from the hectic streets, except for the chiming church bells.
    I ❤ Amsterdam
    Read more