Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Paradise

    April 21 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    No tours are booked today, but the roosters still woke us at 5am, so we had breakfast at 7am.
    It really is a lovely spot 😍, sitting on the beach front, eating breakfast with your friends looking out at the calm waters.
    As we are on the west coast of the island, the sunlight doesn't peak over the mountain until around 830, so it's quite a mild temperature at this time.

    The day continued with reading books on lounge chairs, doing in the water for a dip and some Frisbee.
    Before long, all this hard work had made us hungry, so we went on a hunt for some lunch at 1pm.

    Our destination was closed, the next was too expensive, and they claimed to not take card payments, so we ended up in the other direction at the restaurant. we got our first dinner.
    Of all the beaches and islands, we actually bunped into a semi famous person who started chatting to us. He of course as we discovered later, owned the fancy place(The Beachhouse) at the end of the beach, but he was being pretty helpful trying to come up with alternatives to get to see Coron Island. Alas, the hassle, time, and money are too much to bother.

    Jess received a confirmation email for a dinner reservation at The Beachhouse for 530pm, which ironically stated it would take card payments.
    It is a lovely venue, but wow, the service was something else. We were eating by no later than 830pm, that right it took almost 2.5 hours to get the food ready. We think it's possibly because they don't do food prep as they don't know how many people to expect that night, bit wow. So we got pretty tipsy with cocktails while we waited, which was also quite slow.
    Admittedly, the food was well presented and mostly pretty tasty.
    At the end, we were presented with a $340 bill, and the card payments would not go through...
    Read more