Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Great Wall - Jinshanling Loop Day 3

    October 19, 2015 in China ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Day 3 - First step on the wall...eeeeek.
    Had to wait over a year for the feeling of just performing my first step on the Great Wall of China , the anticipation and nerves were huge!, a sense of achievement and proudness inside of me came over me once i completed it , and then found my rhythm.
    Breakfast at Impressions Inn was at 7:30am, and we were on the road heading towards Jinshanling hoping to arrive at 8:30am.
    But we experienced Beijing traffic, in truth we didn't arrive till 10:00am and on the Great Wall by 10:30am.
    We performed a very "up and down" challenging 12km's. The pictures don't do it justice, but i promise the wall copies the landscape which is not flat!
    Everyone dug deep and we all worked as a team and helped each other out through the tough times and when people were feeling the burn.
    This group has really blossomed and grown more closely only after one day trekking!
    I had a couple of moments where i purposely slowed down so i could have a couple of moments just looking at the breath taking , spectacular views thinking of my Dad,
    As this is the real reason i was standing there.
    Lee a group member recorded and told us all that we performed a crazy 29'000 steps from start to finish.
    After a well earned hot shower , dinner went down well , traditional home cook chinese food.
    We were split in to two tables , and the food was served a spinning table top which was a nice effect.

    Every night we get a surprise in the evening as for entertainment , and tonight's was really good fun and unusual.
    We all had a go at the Chinese Art of paper cutting.
    Really good fun , and I've purchased some examples and kept my disastrous effort.
    Every cutting has a meaning and we were all given Double Happiness, but mine came out Single Happiness ? Have no idea how i messed up slightly.
    Never been top of the class in Art class.
    Going to frame it all when i get back to the UK! Something to giggle back on.
    Its 21:30 here, I'm up at 6:30. So good night.

    Massive challenging 18km Trek Tomorrow. Bring it on!
    Read more