Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Huanghuacheng Section Great Wall - Day 6

    October 22, 2015 in China ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    We got transferred to Xishuiyu Village , and begun our days trek along a steep woodland path to get on the wall , this was very demanding and challenging on the legs!
    But once at the top , the views were so rewarding - we saw Huanghuacheng Reservoir and Jintang lake- it was so pretty to the eye.
    This particular section of the wall is completely unrenovated and very remote, it is a very exciting and beautiful, We clambered up and down steep steps, clambered through crumbling watch towers, and fought our way through the over grown vegetation on the path.
    We descended and Ascended twice each in total, we climbed up and over two mountains , and stopped for lunch on the bottom of the valley in between, A local farmer made Rice with Spicy Chicken with veg,
    It was delicious.
    Straight after lunch was torture , it was a horrible, climbing and trekking up hill to the top, then gifted with amazing post card views.
    Going down hill was happily accepted with descending windy slopes , with the odd set of steep steps.
    We had to go down a ladder off the Wall, then a short wood land walk to the Bus to the hotel , stopping off at The Museum Of The Ming Tombs.
    From the beginning of our walk we made a canine friend , a local dog walked with us for all of the 12km - Unbelievable. we named him China.
    We are returning to the same Hotel for the second night , but we are going out to a restaurant to eat , i asked if it was a Chinese restaurant hehe.

    Last day trekking The Great Wall tomorrow. It has gone so fast.
    Read more