Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Day 10 Coimbra to Sernadelo

    May 5, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 63 °F

    It was a pretty boring day. It was shorter than our usual day, only 16 miles today. Unfortunately, all but about 4 miles were on roads. The best part was leaving Coimbra along the river.

    We hate walking on roads. There is not always a berm to walk on and you have to stay alert. But, we still managed to take in a few pretty sights. The people along the Camino are very nice and very aware of the Camino. Yesterday, when we were at intersections looking at our book or our app, trying to confirm which way to go, some random person walking by said "Camino?" and then pointed in the right direction. Today we started up a hill and there were two ladies outside having a chat. As we got closer they started talking to us very excitedly in Portuguese. We thought they were cheering us on. Then they started shooing us away from them and pointing. Yep, we had missed a turn. I don't believe in coincidences so I am thankful for these people being in the right place at the right time!

    We spent some extra time at the cafes chatting with other pilgrims. The Mexicans joined up with a pilgrim from Spain and one from Puerto Rico. They are carrying flags from their countries and they were having fun!

    For those who care, neither one of us took an Aleve today so the aches and pains are getting less!! And on a blister count, it's Eileen - 3, Jeff - 1, all on toes and all healing well.
    Read more