Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Day 27 to Padron

    May 22, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    Today was another beautiful 13.25 miles along old roman roads that are now country roads through farmland and forest areas. Today we saw real life happening as people were cleaning their houses and working in their expansive gardens. There also were goats and a lot of chickens in the yards. These last two days are more of what we expected the Camino to look like.

    Again, there were many pilgrims and yet many times it seemed that we had the trail to ourselves. The pilgrims all managed to get together at the cafes which were sufficient but not in abundance.

    We didn't meet anyone new today but did catch up with a few old friends that we haven't seen for 3 or 4 days since along the coast.

    We are at a hotel just outside of the town of Padron, so there is nothing here to explore. But the hotel grounds are beautiful and we will enjoy drinks in the garden.

    We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel with pilgrim friends Chris and Chrissy from Texas, Bryanna from Boston, and Alicia from Sweden. It is great baking friends if there Camino! Everyone is looking forward to Santiago!

    Only one day off walking left - under 25 km!!
    Read more