Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 36

    New Orleans

    10 ottobre 2023, Stati Uniti ⋅ ☁️ 68 °F

    We traveled from Austin to New Orleans. Jeff had only been there for business and I had never been there. We spent three nights here. The first evening we are at Coop's Place for dinner good Southern Cajun/Creole cooking followed by beignets from Cafe du Mond - yum!!

    Over the next two days we took a tour of the lower garden area seeing historic houses, some owned by famous people now. In the afternoon we took a food walking tour of the French Quarter sampling some iconic food of the area - gumbo, po-boy, muffelata, praline, red beans and rice, and banana foster bread pudding. Both tours included a lot of history of there area.

    We spent a rainy afternoon (almost 5 hours) at the WWII museum. It was very well done and we only saw half of the exhibits. We also saw the French Market, the St Louis Cathedral, and the Riverwalk along the Mississippi River.

    We spent our evenings on Bourbon St and Frenchman St enjoying a lot of different kinds of music and drinks. When we arrived, I (Eileen) wans't overly impressed, but by the time we left, I didn't want to leave. There is so much to do.
    Leggi altro