Satellite
Show on map
  • Ledigos to Sahagún

    October 5, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Ledigos is a small rural town with no shops and only two albergues to accommodate and feed pilgrims. Albergue El Palomar run by father and son, Jesus, was a typical family-owned albergue with dormitory bunks, a few simple private rooms, a garden area for pilgrims to hang out in, pilgrim dinner and breakfast and the village bar.

    I think we were the last guests to leave this morning, and in a taxi to Sahagún, 16km away, to find some medical care for John's problems yesterday. Praise for the care and advice provided by Dr and staff at the medical centre in Sahagún. OK to continue.

    Accommodation is very tight along this part of the Camino so we have two nights in Sahagún while walking the next two stages using taxi to return to lodging and the following stage. Found a great bar, Casa Simón for lunch providing creative and delicious Spanish dishes. We shared a plate of roast leeks with dried jamon and Pedro Ximénez sauce and could easily be tempted to return there for dinner. In any case Kevin is going to try to replicate that dish at home.

    Later: we did return to Casa Simón for dinner. Siobhan and Sean are Irish hiking friends from Cork we had met a couple of times along the Way. We ran into them out front of the restaurant and had a very enjoyable night.
    Read more