Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Chobe Camp

    July 13, 2017 in Namibia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    This would have to be my favourite campsite, we got there when it was dark so I will try and paint a picture for you because we couldn't get any photos.

    There was a camp fire and around the campfire were our chairs placed in a perfect circle then a little further our tents were placed on a perfect circle. Behind our tents were two long drop toilets with lights and a camping sink sitting next to them.

    Dinner was ready when we arrived so we quickly put our belongings in our tents before sitting down around the campfire to eat. They gave us a briefing about what to do when we see particular animals and how to move around the campsite at night because we are in a national park without fences protecting us from the animals.

    After dinner we roasted marshmallows on the fire and drank hot chocolate under the star. The stars were amazing, it really makes me miss living in the outback because that is what they look like every night.

    That night in the tent I heard noises one of which I though was lions, the next morning I asked the guide and he said that the lions were walking around our camp last night.
    Read more