Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    2. Tuk Tuk Tour and Centre

    June 14, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    Day 2 bangkok

    We had a really late night , so we woke up at about 1030 this morning . Unfortunately , we had just missed breakfast , but we grabbed a coffee before heading off for the day .
    As we were heading into the city, we were greeted by a a tuc tuc driver , who offered to take us around the famous Buddha statues ( lucky buddha and the big buddha) and temples for a very cheap price . It was like a public holiday today in Thailand, all shops had special deals on and the tuc tuc drivers had their fuel paid for if they went to certain places . We were able to visit the famous Buddha statues for free too .
    The tuc drive was so much fun , they go quite quickly !
    At the lucky Buddha temple , we were encouraged to light incense and pray to bring us good luck and fortune. We spent a while there just admiring how beautiful and colourful the architecture is .
    On the way to the big Buddha temple , we stopped off at loads of random.places so that the tuc tuc driver could get his fuel points, two of the places were travel agencies, and the other was a clothes tailoring shop 🤣
    The big Buddha was 36 metres high - one of the tallest in Thailand. It was amazing how it glistened in the sun .
    After saying goodbye to our very happy tuc tuc driver , we caught a river bus into town so we could grab some food .
    There was a big food market outside a big shopping centre , selling lots of sea food and noodles . After our track record, we stayed clear of the seafood and went safe with some pad Thai noodles, which were very tasty .
    We had a quick look in the shopping centre and generally just had a big walk around the city for most of the evening. Everything really is alive at night over here and it's easy to lose track of time .
    We eventually caught a bus back to the hotel and had a coffee in the cafe before bed.
    Read more