Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    3. Grand Palace & Central

    June 15, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    3. Grand Palace
    Today we got up and headed to The Grand Palace, although we are looking to do attractions which our free, this was a must do for Bangkok so we invested in the tickets and headed down. We walked approx 2 km past the royal side of Bangkok, very nice buildings, courts and palaces. They have a royal family in Thailand like we do in the UK but unlike the UK, if you are ever seen to bad mouth the king, it is seen as treason and an immediate way to get locked up by police. So basically just don't talk about royal family and you will be fine 🤣. Once arriving we visited the temples used as worship and ceremonies by the previous Kings, they had been built up since approx 18th century. The structures of the buildings were magnificent, with sparking and glistening gems catching the glare of the sun. The palace is massive and very grande, it hasn't been in residence since the 1950s but still used regurally for big events and ceremonies.

    Afterwards we were going around the night markets and to Bangkok's lively streets of ping pong shows, casinos and nightlife. Since being in Bangkok we have noticed that the city really comes alive at night, it almost seems not much happens until about 8 due to heat, you rarely go to bed before 2/3 in the morning. We have wondered if this is due to the humidity, it's approx 40' real feel and about 80% humidity even at 10 at night, it gets even warmer in the day. Thank god r air conditioning! Bangkok lively streets was as expected, I was greeted by people shouting ping pong show and girls offering their services.
    Read more