Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    17. 2. Birthday trip to Ang Thong part 1

    June 30, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today was my birthday so we had a boat trip booked. We got collected at 8ish and headed to the dock, the boat left about about 9. We managed to get a top deck view and had big pads to lie down on, we cruised across to Ang Thong Marine Park which took about 1hr and half. We first stopped off at a renowed snorkle spot at Ko Mae Ko and had an hour to explore both me and Grace jumped off the boat from about 20ft which was great fun! We spent the next hour exploring caves and the wildlife, it was stunning here best snorkeling yet. I have spent a while downloading videos and screen shotting so I can show you what it was like. I accidentally kicked the coral sorting my googles and cut the top of my foot which we sorted out on the boat.

    We sailed on, around the coastline and were greeted with a stunning beach with steps up to the Emerald Lagoon. This was seen on the film the beach, with Leonardo Dicaprio. The steps were ridiculously steep and we were exhausted! The lagoon is a seawater lagoon but has an algea which makes it an emerald colour, it's has many fish, but not safe for human to swim in.

    We then headed off on the boat again to another island as this island has a viewpoint where you can count nearly 30 of the 42 islands, the view point however is 600mtrs high and it's humid and very hot. However we were determined and got to the top, and the view did not disappoint. It was stunning with all the little coves and mountainous jungle with the backdrop of the turquoise sea! We headed back to the boat and had a cruise back for 2 hours which was awesome too. Once back both of us felt a little dizzy from the sway of the boat, suppose it didn't help sitting right at the top! We had a nice Mexican meal for a change from Thai and I spoke to all my family as it has been a while which was great, travelling is a busy lifestyle! Great and memerable birthday. We went for a drink on the beach and then headed to bed!
    Read more