Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    21. 2. Koh Tao

    July 4, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Freedom Beach.

    We went to bed really late last night looking at scuba dive sites online ! We are seriously considering booking the open water course to get certificated but it's very expensive !
    We woke up later the following morning and headed out to freedom Beach on the moped. Freedom beach is a very popular beach due to its white sands and shading by the thian trees, its also a great spot for snorkeling due to its shallow coral reef.
    We stopped off for some food at the little cafe before finding a place on the beach to leave our gear whilst we snorkelled.
    The sea was the warmest we have experienced yet- must have been high 30s in some patches ! We spent ages in the sea admiring shoals of colourful fish , baby barracuda and much more . Some of the fish we saw today were huge , it was amazing to be so close to them !
    We had to be quite careful when we swam back to the beach as the coral was so spikey and shallow . We only sat on the beach for about 45 minutes before going back in the sea due to the heat! We stayed in for as long as we could and waited till sunset before we left the beach .
    We stopped off at loads of shops on the way home , trying to find one that was open due to power cuts around the area. We eventually found one and headed back to our hotel room . We are going to look at ongoing bookings tonight and order some food to our hotel room-Koh Tao you are amazing so far!!
    Read more