Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 23

    22. 3. Koh Tao

    5. juli 2023, Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today we headed to a well known beach called Mango Bay . We read that the coral reef is on either side and the sandy seafloor gives the water that turquoise glow. We also read that accessibility is difficult due to the road quality and gradient !
    We stocked up on water and made our way there . The first part of the dirt road wasn't too bad , James did very well to pick good paths through the track ! We arrived at a junction and saw that the track got much steeper and bumpier , so we decided to ditch the moped and go on foot . The gradient was so steep , even we were slipping down on our feet . We matched other people on mopeds go down and they were skidding everywhere !
    At the end of the track was a little path leading down through the jungle toward the beach . We took a gamble and just took it . After a long, steep walk down the hill we made it - passing through yet another abandoned resort on the way.
    We left our belongings in the shade and headed for the sea , we were in the water for hours again , stopping in between for a quick break . The snorkeling was just brilliant here , we saw so many fish of different colours and sizes: barracudas , parot fish , angel fish were just a few of them . At one stage we stopped to clean our goggles and James felt something hit into him quite hard , we looked down and saw it was an huge angry trigger fish 2 foot from us ! James called him a little bastard and we swam off slowly , luckily with no more attacks! (as later we learnt they can actually cause a huge amount of harm, taking chunks or fingers off, to top it off they are poisonous so that complicates bites).
    After all the excitement we chilled on the beach until it had started to cool down a bit before braving the steep and long walk back.
    We got sorted back at the hotel and headed out for a Thai curry just down the road.
    Les mer