Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    5. 3. Phi Phi Don Island Adventure

    August 6, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    We got up and headed to the pier to get onto our boat for the day, it was a really quick speedboat! The tour was quiet today at half capacity which was nice. We headed first to Monkey Beach, me and Grace had a quick look but saw monkeys attacking so kept distance before heading back to the boat quickly.
    We then headed onto Viking caves on Phi Phi Lee, a limestone cave where harvesting swallow bird nest happens, the Chinese believe it makes you live longer so thais climb up and use poo and nest for a soup, such a deliciacy and worth £12k a kilo, but it all sounds abit shit really 💩😂. We stopped just pass here and swam with some sharks which was exciting.
    Afterwards we cruised into Pi Leh Bay, wow. Stunning, the colour of the water against the cliffs. Our boat guy was pleased saying its currently really quiet but it felt heaving there, we enjoyed the views and had an unreal swim around parts of the bay, but slightly chaotic with quantity of boats everywhere! This is low season as well. Afterwards we headed to Maya Bay, famous for the film The Beach with Leonardo Dicaprio. Absolutely breathtaking with the water and cliffs, really did feel like you had found paradise. Just get rid of all the tourists then.. Ahh perfect 🌴👌. We had to stay on the boat as its currently shut due to having a 2 month conservation break as its visited by 4000 tourists per day in peak season, the reefs surrounding the island were not healthy looking 😒😕
    We then headed back to Phiphi Don island stopping at Long Beach for lunch and then onto Phak Nam Bay, both lovely but also sadly coral was not looking great, but we did see some big fish!
    Afterwards we headed for our last long stop, Bamboo island. We arrived and no Bamboo but lovely paradise island, we found some shade on the beach and had a private section to ourselves for most of the day. It was lovely here and we sat watching the sun come down, we were here for 3 hours. After dark we headed to a part of the island where they have UV plankton and jumped in, when you disturb them they flash under the water! It was so cool but slightly errie swimming around in the dark.
    We stopped for another Thai curry and this was one of the best we have had, it's always the small places which take you by suprise! Back to our cabin to catch up on 5 nights of penguins, 😂😂. PS NO FILTERS, the water really is that colour!
    Read more