Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4. Glencoe to Skye

    November 21, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Today we woke up to another beautiful sunrise ! James took Maddy out for a quick walk at about 730 and I slowly rolled out of bed to make a cuppa .
    Once James was back , we made the decision to head on up to the Isle of Skye as we have stayed in Glencoe before .
    En route to Isle of Skye , we stopped off at the famous Harry Potter film location in Glencoe , which is where all the scenes with Hagrids hut are filmed . We managed to find the exact spot and take some good photos - sadly we couldn’t find buckbeak.
    Next , time to stock up on food , fuel and water before entering the wilderness . We managed to buy our meals for the next 5 days , including some tasty venison burgers (sorry , Bambi). Obviously we bought some more beers too !
    After our very expensive food shop , we are now cruising slowly towards our fourth park up in the Isle of Skye . We crossed Skye bridge which was scary as it’s very high and long. Our next park up was about 40 mins deep into Skye. We stopped at a place called Ord which was really secluded and beachfront which was cool. After a walk along the beach with Maddy we cooked some venison burgers and some wedges which were delicious, using the oven more than we thought we would. We had a cosy night in the van and watched a film. Van life is great!!
    Read more