Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 19

    19. Inverness to Edinburgh

    6 de dezembro de 2023, Escócia ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    The trees and the grass were dusted with thick frost this morning .
    We set off into Inverness with Maddy , which involved a very pretty and foggy 30 min walk next to the river . The houses here look so nice too.
    We had an explore around the city centre and had a look in some of the quirky Scottish shops before stopping off for some lunch at a dog friendly pub . We both had haggis stuffed chicken , which was actually quite nice !
    Afterwards , we headed back to van as we needed to start our 3 hour journey to Edinburgh , stopping at the Culloden battle site along the way .
    The battle of Culloden happened in 1746. It was the last pitched battle fought on British soil. A fight between British and Scottish, it was a very bloody battle with mass graves at the battle field which still are raised to the day.
    We walked around all of the battlefield , which took a good hour and headed back to the van .
    We carried on our journey until we finally 3 hours later reached Edinburgh . First stop was a supermarket and fuel station. Enroute we spoke to Kalata ,as it’s her birthday today, which was nice . Kalata reminded us it was Maddy’s birthday yesterday so we picked up some belated birthday treats for her. Then we headed to our park up for the night , a tucked away little car park on the north west side of the city .
    We took Maddy on a walk and gave her some birthday treats. she had a doggy Christmas pudding and some chicken sticks!
    A great day, but a tiring one.
    Leia mais