Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 1 & 2. Home - Dover

    February 6 in England ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Day 1 and 2
    After finishing a mountain of washing the day before , we were finally ready to pack the van. We packed our clothes into our packing cubes and tidied the cupboards before giving the van a good clean.
    Surprisingly, this didn't take as long as expected and we made the decision to start making our way to Dover that evening.
    We said goodbye to Jackie , the doggies and Zazu before heading to Leigh's garage to annoy him once last time before leaving.
    Afterwards , we headed to the public weighbridge to check our weight . We were actually 3560 kilos , 60 kilos overweight ! I knew I had eaten way too much over Christmas ! We therefore decided not to do a big food shop before leaving and only get a few essentials .
    We headed to Aldi to get something for our evening meal and stopped off at Harry's to say goodbye .
    We then headed over to Bishampton to see Terry and Sue , James' grandparents . We had a lovely couple of hours there and chatted until it was late .
    We then started to head slowly in the direction of Dover . We stopped off in a little village near Stow- on- the- Wold and parked up for the night in a very quiet lay by .
    James took maddy for a quick walk whilst I cooked a garlic and chilli stir fry for supper .
    After all the washing up was done , we watched some "Traitors" and went to bed.

    Day 2 :
    We had a 3.5 hour drive to Dover , all was fine . First stop was the vets to collect Maddy's health certificate . It was so straightforward , the nurse was there ready with Maddy's paperwork and all she had to do was scan her microchip .
    The British War memorial was only ten mins away , so we stopped off quickly and had a look around . We didn't pay to go inside as we only had twenty minutes before the site shut for the day . We still saw a replica spitfire and hurricane though!
    We headed to our car park for the night , only a 5 min drive away from the ferry port .
    As a treat for our last night in the UK, we treated ourselves to fish and chips for supper, so glad we did as they were delicious !
    Once the washing up was done and everything tidied , we took Maddy on a little walk before settling down for the night, ready for the early start tomorrow!
    Read more