Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    26. Altdorfe

    March 1 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    The weather wasn't as great today so
    we made a coffee and sat discussing where we were going to visit next, coming to the conclusion that we should slowly head out of Switzerland and back into Germany . As much as Switzerland is amazing , it isn't great for campervans , unless you want to pay about 60 a night to stay somewhere. We have read that if you accidently park for the night in the wrong place , you can get fined up to £2000 !
    Finally , we set off to a little village called Altdorfe , about two hours east . The roads here are very narrow and no one indicates at all , making it quite nervewracking when you have a long vehicle to manoeuvre on the roundabouts.
    We stopped off at a supermarket near Altdorfe and bought our next few meals for as cheap as possible . Once we arrived at the campsite , we realised that it was basically someone's farm yard . There was hardly any space for us to park, so we quickly left before anyone noticed us .
    There was a little parking circle down the road , so we parked up there and got some cash out. Again, we spent ages trying to find a suitable alternative , but literally no where had all the facilities we needed .
    A really nice local stopped and chatted to us for a while and he had no other suggestions , but we really appreciated that he tried . We ended up going back to the farm yard in the end !
    Luckily, some of the vehicles had left by the time we drove back and once we parked up , we realised there was a barn of cows behind us and a meadow of chickens - it was really cute .
    We played ball with Maddy in the meadow for a while and took advantage of the hot showers .
    Both of us really needed a hair cut ( in case you haven't noticed 🤣) , so we spent the evening cutting each others hair , which was hilarious . Surprisingly, I don't think we look too bad 🤔.
    A quick tea tonight as it was so late by the time we sat down .
    Read more