Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    39. Bad Tölz - Oberaudorf

    March 14 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today we had to wait until 2.00pm to use the showers at the swimming pool, so we had a lazy morning deciding on whether to take the van in to a local Citreon garage.. After seeking lots of advice (thanks, Leigh), we decided to leave it as the van is running fine now, with no fault codes showing. We therefore carried on driving the Alpine route after having our shower. The drive was very fun, we weaved in and out of Austria which was cool. We also passed some lovely lakes & towns whilst driving some awesome mountain roads.

    We did a big mountain pass and went over 1200mtrs again, mad that this is close to height of Ben Nevis. Enroute we stopped at a very scenic waterfall and walked down to a viewpoint to view it looking up. This was really nice but sketchy taking Maddy as she throws herself down the steps...

    Afterwards we headed along a small mountain road to our next parkup, probably the most scenic one yet, with huge mountains the one direction, surrounded by the foothills around us and a big fishing lake. We predict only 1 day left on our Alpine route- we recommend this as its been super scenic and at times has put the swiss alps to shame!
    Read more