Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    44. Rhine- Heeze

    March 19 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today , we decided to drive North along the Rhine River. The roads were practically empty , so we really enjoyed driving it slowly and taking in the beautiful landscape .
    We passed through a few pretty little towns and there were gothic castles dotted in the hills above us .
    We were in a dilemma about whether to stop off at Koblenz for a look around, but both of us were tired, we are sure Maddy needs a relax for a few days so decided to find a nice campsite. We therefore decided to buy some groceries to cover us for the next few days. After spending ages finding a reasonably priced campsite which isn't a car park, but on grass we finally found one about 40 mins over the Holland border , in a place called Heeze, for 20 a night, with all services included.

    We arrived at about 1800 , the owner was super relaxed and friendly and there was only one other camper there . Unfortunately, we couldn't park up on the big open meadow as the ground was still squishy from the weather , so we had to park at the front of the campsite, however still had a nice pitch next to trees and on grass to enjoy the weather tomorrow.
    We took maddy on her evening stroll and cooked some supper . We watched some more "shogun" and I downloaded some books for my kindle .
    Read more