Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    51. Winsum & Lutjegast

    March 26 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today we decided to head further north to a pretty town called Winsum . It was only a short drive away , and there was a huge free car park on the outskirts .
    We took Maddy with us and headed towards the town centre , following the cobbled streets . There were lots of windmills and quirky looking shops along the way , but not many of them were open .
    We crossed the bridge and grabbed something quick to eat for lunch . We found a lovely place next to the canal where we could sit and plan where to stay for the night .
    After the short walk back to the van, we drove for about 45 minutes to a free carpark in Lutjegast. We took Maddy out on a walk into to the park just behind our park up . We were really glad we made the effort as there was a pen of deer and peacocks in the park. The deer seemed quite friendly and were walking towards us as we took some photos . It was funny on the way back as one of the peacocks had escaped and had caused quite a commotion with the locals.
    Very cold and rainy tonight , but we enjoyed the evening chilling with a few beers.
    Read more