Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Alpentherme Ehrenberg

    June 11, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Well not too sure where to start with this one. But we both decided that after hiking all day it would be nice to cool off at the local swimming pool with their indoor and outdoor pools and relax in the sauna.

    When we got there we had a walk round and decided to visit the adult only sauna area first. When going into the sauna we had to work through the spa’s restaurant, we noticed a sign that said no bathing costumes and assumed that was for the restaurant so wrapped our towels round us and went straight through. But we walked over further into the sauna area were we spotted about 3 inside saunas, outdoor swimming pool, 3 saunas when you walk outside, sun loungers etc - and EVERYONE NAKED.

    After around a few seconds (that felt far longer) of shocked faces we’d seen enough middle aged bits to last a life time. Anyway, we were shocked but had no choice but to embrace it all so we are now nudists - spent three hours getting more and more comfortable ended up swimming in the outdoor pool (completely naked) then lounging about reading our books (had to apply suncream in the nether regions) and topped it all off with a little showing in the 90 degree sauna with dated rock music blaring, chanting and clapping it was an experience, felt weird being dressed again.

    Funny really because after all that nakedness I finished the day with a massive curry wurst 😂😂
    Read more