Satellite
Show on map
  • All I want for Christmas…

    December 25, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    …is waterproof luggage.

    Ho Ho Ho! It’s Christmas Day, the happiest day of the year. The presents are all wrapped and under the tree, and we’re getting ready for the annual Feast of the Seven Fishes (an Italian American tradition apparently, but that’s a different blog post).

    Shopping for Christmas gifts was a bit strange this year because of all the planning and purchasing we’ve been doing for the Rickshaw Run. There was “not India gifts” and “India gifts”. And some of the stuff had to be purchased well in advance to ensure it was all ready for our post-Christmas week departure time.

    Especially the luggage, which we put a great deal of thought into. Essentially, what is needed is something waterproof, dust proof, thief proof, and small enough to strap onto the top of the rickshaw. And it has to be able to be secured in case we tip over, cross through large bodies of water, collide with a buffalo, or need to leave the rickshaw alone while we are searching for food, water, accommodations, or a toilet.

    This is not a product endorsement for Outdoor Research products and I’m unfortunately not getting paid to praise their luggage, but the duffel bags that we did get are pretty awesome. Waterproof, with cool separate compartments on the ends you can put your stinky shoes, grimy undergarments, curry stained shirts and smelly socks in them until you can wash it all somewhere on the way.

    So, we haven’t unwrapped any “non India” presents quite yet, but the duffel bags are a thumbs up.
    Read more