Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 10

    The Dead Sea

    7 de mayo de 2018, Jordán ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    Happy to report that both sections of our group successfully found each other at Dubai and we flew on together to Amman yesterday. We were met there by Sam (actually Osama!) Who will be our guide for the few days we are in Jordan. He gave us lots of helpful info on Jordan during the hour or so bus ride to the Dead Sea Spa hotel where we stayed last night. Once settled, most of us took the opportunity to sample those buoyant waters. (Had hoped to provide pic at this stage but still working on getting it from my roommate's iPhone. Neither of us are wildly tech-savvy! )
    Those of you who who know our tour leader Mike will not be surprised to hear that he gathered us all together before dinner last night for an introductory meeting that involved not only quite a bit of guitar playing and song but the inauguration of the 'Wally of the day' award which I gather is to be a daily feature of our itinerary. (Glad you're not here, eh, FMW?)
    I could barely keep my eyes open by the time we had concluded our excellent dinner last night and was comatose by 8.30, which is why I am writing this at 4:15 am, now wide awake, rather than last night.
    Really do hope to get pix up before long but just grateful to be able to report that this penguin is a happy pilgrim thus far.
    Leer más