Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Pamplona

    August 4, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 68 °F

    Pamplona Spain 08/04/2023
    We are surprised of the cost of food so far. We had a 3 course meal with a large bottle of water and two bottles of wine for 41 euros together. You will not find that in Texas or perhaps Mississippi for the matter.

    We are at a boutique historic hotel in “El Casco antiguo de Pamplona” the old historic center of Pamplona. It reminds me El Viejo San Juan in Puerto Rico. Pebble stone narrow streets with shops and tons of tapas bars and restaurants and tons of people.

    The church bells rings on the hours is a common sound in Pamplona. Is like all are coordinated 30 seconds apart and you hear the bells ringing for almost 5 minutes nonstop.

    We visited the pharmacy and bought some medicine to treat Nick’s feet blisters and then we took a short walk to the busy area where the tapas and other restaurants were located. We ran into the Canadian couple who we met in the last water break before the pick of the Pyrenees and later through the suicidal hill drop where I almost killed myself. We talked for a bit and follow their recommendations for dinner.

    Everyone that suffered through El Camino has been very kind and friendly. Every time you see each others is a huge and a kiss in both cheeks like you have known them for ever.. In a way, it is sad that we may not see them ever again but their memories remain of a shared portion of “El Camino de Santiago” Francés..

    Live goes on. Tomorrow all the friends we have made along the way (the British father and son, as the Hungarian also father and son, the Italian family, the Croatian couple, the Canadian couple, the three American girls, Helen the British pink shirt lady, the tow French girls, the Priest, the French family, the cyclists Spaniard couple and many more wonderful people the we have met are moving on to their next phase of El Camino de Santiago. Some are going all the way to Santiago de Compostela and others just through their custom respective routes.

    This the end of our first phase of El Camino. So far we have walked 49 total miles. The second phase is the recovery phase by staying an extra day in Pamplona. We will commute to Leon and then Triacastela where the next 79 miles 10 days challenge awaits..
    Read more