Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Luggage and new friends

    November 24, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Our flight to Dallas was extra long because of intense rain in the metroplex. But we got through it.

    We enjoyed meaningful conversations with 2 new passengers and hearing their life experiences.

    The nonstop flight to Honolulu was 8 hours. Long. We talked at length to one flight attendant that joined TWA back in the day.

    Because Glenn and I only got 3 hours of sleep Wednesday night. we did sleep off and on. I watched Father of the Bride and my favorite, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

    We met George from Sulfer Springs, Texas who met his wife in the military in Hawaii and was returning with family members to celebrate and walk down memory lane. Note the matching shirts.
    All of our luggage arrived, however my big piece was heavily damaged. Glenn got a form to fill out and return to AA. In the mean time duc tape will have to work.

    We took an Uber ride to Stephen and Daisy’s home, a couple we met with A Candle in the Window. It was about 4pm and their Thanksgiving dinner family celebration was winding down. There were tables set out in the yard, kinds running wild and playing games then about 25 adults sitting around talking. A fun filled home.

    This is our home for the next two days. A small traditional Hawaiian 🌺 family that is full of love and character. Daisy homeschools 3 of her 4 kids. Stephen is a night nurse. The Rohrs attend a small Southern Baptist church. They are loaning us their car on Friday so we can visit Pearl Harbor.
    Read more