Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Long Travel Day

    June 7, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 59 °F

    Woke up at 4:30am with Eric and Susan walked us down to get our ”Uber” to the UBI gate.

    Travis drove us to Tambo Airport. It was dark, however the 1:15 drive to the airport, was the deepest orange and yellow colors of the sunrise. Travis did drive kinda fast, but 120km is only 74mph. There were lots of semi trucks on the road.

    Once we got to the airport, we ate bfast at Mug and Bean. Glenn had an omelet and I had a corn fritter. Pretty good.

    When we arrived at the gate fir the 11am departure, we learned it was delayed til 2pm. We found a plug-in for our iPhones at the Wimpy” hamburger place and we ordered French fries.

    As we were boarding the flight we struck up a conversation with a fellow heading to Joburg and then on to NJ and Dallas. He’s on the Premium plus cabin.

    Once arriving in Joburg, we ate at Hondo’s (a restaurant recommended by our safari guide). It was good, but the flavor was pretty hot.

    We did walk to the airport observation desk just as the sun was setting.

    We enjoyed our mandatory Magnum ice real and I did some last minute souvenir shopping.

    Our United flight is operating 2 hours late, now departing at 9:30pm

    Boarding!
    Read more